Adoption Preparation Training is intended to help deepen your understanding about yourself and your child. It is also intended to help build a lasting bond and commitment for families experiencing adoption through the Department of Children’s Services. Through ASAP and the State of Tennessee this training is offered at no charge to adoptive parents or parents intending to adopt. Adoption Preparation Training was developed to help families begin their adoption journey feeling well prepared for their lifetime commitment.
ASAP's Adoption Preparation Training Curriculum:
- Expectations & motivations
- Fears & concerns
- Understanding self in the adoption process
- Understanding triggers for parents and children
- Attachment & attunement for the adopted child
- Understanding trauma & survival behaviors
- Attachment parenting; avoiding ruptures in the attachment relationship
- Claiming and belonging
- Enhancing family communication skills & increasing family fun & support
Who Can Attend? Any DCS or Provider Resource Parent who is adopting or who is considering adopting a child in DCS custody.
Have Questions or Want to Learn More About Adoption Preparation Training?
For more information and scheduling please contact us at Harmony Family Center by phone at 865.982.5225 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.